Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
London, United Kingdom
Type of Employment
About the Company
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
Are you passionate about dogs and cats? Our people and animals make Battersea a great place to work. Your expertise will help increase our impact for dogs and cats everywhere. We are looking for a Retail & Licensing Coordinator to support the Retail Operations Manager and Licensing Manager with the day to day functions of each department, including customer service, database management, invoicing and account management This role is for a 12-month fixed-term basis. About us Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat. Our Marketing & Commercial Team Battersea’s Marketing & Commercial department promotes the organisation’s work in an engaging and memorable way and works to achieve the objectives set out in the Brand, Marketing and Digital Strategy. Battersea is currently in the top 10 of the YouGov UK CharityIndex – a respected position that our department works hard to retain each year. Our work involves everything from digital and outdoor advertising campaigns to rehome our animals, to supporting other departments with their strategic objectives. We also manage Battersea’s online communities, offer brand guidance, ensure a responsive digital output and sell Battersea branded products. We do this to raise awareness of Battersea’s work, so we can be here for more dogs and cats. Commercial Team Within the Marketing & Commercial department sits the Commercial team. We are part of the trading arm of the charity and are responsible for non-fundraising income streams including: retail, product licensing, affiliates, advertising and filming. The Commercial team’s objective is to generate as much income as possible to go straight into the vital care of Battersea’s animals. What we can offer you Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including: 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year Generous pension contributions – up to 10% employer contribution Free healthcare cash plan, where you can claim for a range of treatment including dental (£120), optical (£120), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£300) every year Annual interest-free season ticket loans Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes Life insurance So, if you are passionate about dogs, cats and about our work, then we’d like to hear from you. For full details, including our job applicant privacy notice, please download our recruitment pack. You can apply by visiting our online application portal. All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised.
- Day-to-day account management of the licensees including chasing royalty statements, sending invoices and assisting with requests.
- Coordinate in-house approval process for new licensed products ensuring that the process moves in a timely fashion and licensee concerns are met
- Develop sales and marketing materials for the licensing programme
- Research and identify potential new licensing partners in line with the set strategy
- Manage and assign tasks to licensing and retail volunteers
- Support in the maintenance of the retail online shop, including the set-up of new products, stock movement and the production of sales reports.
- Accountable for stock management including set up and amendment of product details on the EPOS system.
- Troubleshooting any operational problems associated with EPOS hardware and software to ensure that service levels and stock accuracy are not compromised.
- Place orders of stock and supplies, responsible for significant orders, using the internal purchase ordering system
- Development of sales reports and production of commercial dash boards, requiring a sound commercial knowledge and awareness; including the ability to retain and disseminate commercial data.
- To provide the highest level of customer service via email and over the phone, interacting with customers in an engaging and enthusiastic manner in order to maximise sales. Responsible for instilling a culture of excellent customer care
- Significant retail and / or licensing account management experience
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical approach to working
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to use own initiative, think creatively and proactively problem solve
- Proven experience of using discretion and judgement to deliver high quality work with minimum supervision
- Experience of working with an EPOS system, or a comparable stock management database
- Track record of keeping up to date with trends and news in both retail and licensing industries