Licensing Coordinator - North America
New York, United States
Type of Employment
About the Company
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world. Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s TV content. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig and superhero hit PJ Masks. Alongside these popular television properties, eOne Family & Brands’ portfolio also boasts acclaimed kids content including Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong and Cupcake & Dino: General Services. Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is now gearing up for the launch of its newest property, Ricky Zoom, a brand-new animated pre-school TV series from the producers of PJ Masks. Entertainment One’s Family and Brands has close to 200 employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in LA, Toronto, London, New York, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing US division which will allow the successful candidate to gain experience in the licensing industry and work on proven family TV brands such as Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, and Ricky Zoom. The primary focus of the position is to support the Licensing Team in building our growing portfolio of brands in the US and Canada.
- Responsible for handling the administrative authorization letter process. Manage requests from licensees and work daily with legal team on resolution of customs issues. Track and ensure all authorization letters are accurate and returned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and organize the collection of royalty forecasts from licensees on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee all administrative communication with new licensees including scheduling kick off calls, meetings, and collecting any required paperwork for legal and finance.
- Maintain various licensing contract databases and trackers.
- Work closely with all eOne internal departments, both domestically and internationally, including marketing, creative, retail, legal, finance, and product development.
- Create targeted presentations for pitch meetings, licensee updates, and internal needs.
- Responsible for regular store visits to all retail channels and creation of competitive analysis reports for the licensing team.
- Support market research projects upon request from the licensing team.
- Attend meetings with current and potential licensees with the licensing team.
- General administrative support as needed, including, updating and maintaining all internal and external reports including One Sheets, Licensee Newsletter, brand decks, etc.
- Work with the Licensing Assistant on planning and execution of Licensee Day Summits, tradeshow and retail events including procuring and shipping product as needed.
- Regular attendance at trade shows and social industry functions where applicable
- Travel may be required for Licensing Expo.
- Previous experience in Licensing (preferably at a Licensor or Agency)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related area of concentration
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in the character/entertainment licensing industry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player that works well with others and is eager to learn and support a strong and growing business