First Wave of Speakers Confirmed to Address the Future of Licensing at Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit North America
- Registration for the November event is now live! Register as an attendee here.
- Two full days of education, collaboration and in-person networking.
- Click here to learn about B&LIS North America and be notified of the latest event updates.
New York City (Aug. 4, 2022) – Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit (B&LIS) North America, a two-day thought leadership conference dedicated to transforming the future of brand licensing, today announced an impressive first wave of speakers confirmed for the November 8-9 event at Convene New York in New York City. B&LIS North America, in partnership with Licensing International, is strategically designed to be a one-stop shop for in-depth education and trend analysis within brand licensing.
This announcement comes alongside registration going live for the in-person event, where U.S.-based industry leaders and decision makers will come to learn and connect over the hottest topics for licensing consumer products across all categories. Beanstalk, Brand Central, Hot Topic, Virtual Brand Group, and WHP Global are among the first wave of companies confirmed to take the stage and impart on highly sought-after insights on topics ranging from sustainability to NFTs and the metaverse, to location-based experiences.
“This year’s B&LIS North America speaker lineup covers all the latest topics and trends impacting the business of licensing,” said Anna Knight, SVP of the Global Licensing Group, organizers of B&LIS. “As consumers emerge from the pandemic, the desire for peer connection is driving this transformative era forward. Given the uncertain times ahead, it is now more important than ever to come together to navigate these challenges, to learn from one another, and understand the opportunities available to drive success for the entire industry. This year’s conference lineup will facilitate thought-provoking conversation and help those in attendance adapt to the fast pace of change to continue to serve consumers with the brands they love in new, innovative ways. ”
Knight continued: “Registration for the event is now live, mark this event on your calendar as a must-attend to reconnect and network with the industry’s leading decision makers through a selection of content delivered in workshops, fireside chats, breakout sessions, panel conversations, expert-led presentations and more. ”
Conference sessions and speakers confirmed to date include:
- Session: Changing Retail Landscape: Retailers’ Evolving Post-Pandemic Strategies
- Speakers: Maura Regan, President, Licensing International; Robin Motts, Vice President/GMM, Hot Topic Inc.; Jamie Uitdenhowen, EVP/GM of Toys “R” Us, WHP Global
- Session: Metaverse in Action: Converting Buzz to Consumer Purchase
- Speaker: Justin W. Hochberg, CEO & Founder, Virtual Brand Group
- Session: From NFT to Dollars: How NFTs can Actually Make Sense
- Speakers: Ross Misher, CEO, Brand Central; Alex Locke, Founder and Managing Member, Bored of Directors, and IP/Technology Associate, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Session: Sustainability Session
- Speaker: Andrea Green, Advisory and U.S. Ambassador, Products of Change
- Session: Economic Overview: What Challenges are Forecast for 2023?
- Speaker: Simeon Siegel, CFA, Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets
- Session: Sustainability Panel
- Speaker: Linda Morgenstern, Vice President, Brand Management, Beanstalk
- Session: Think Tank: Can the Licensing Process be Rebuilt?
- Speakers: Michelle McLaughlin, CEO, Brand Activation Consulting; Sam Hafif, CEO, Concept One Accessories; Maya Assis, VP of Licensing, KOMAR; Winnie Jaing, Senior Director, Licensing Strategy & Partnerships, Hot Topic Inc
- Session: Marketing 2.0: How to Reach Gen Z and Alpha
- Speakers: Philippe Guinaudeau, CEO, BrandTrends; Todd Kaufman, VP, Strategy & Partnerships, Beanstalk
- Session: Diversity & Inclusion: Walking the Talk
- Speaker: Cory Moss, CEO, CLC
- Session: Trends: The Changing Consumer and Product Trends Set to Dominate in the Year Ahead
- Speaker: Erin Rechner, Head of Kidswear, WGSN
Visit www.brandlicensinginnovationsummit.com for the most up-to-date speaker lineup.
Follow the Global Licensing Group on social:
About Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit
The Brand & Licensing Innovation Summit (B&LIS) is an event series that brings annual conferences focused on the brand licensing industry to the two largest licensing markets globally, North America and Europe. Geared toward middle-management, business leaders, and owners, the annual events address the latest industry trends and topics of their respective region through thought-provoking keynotes, panel discussions, roundtables, and workshops. B&LIS is organized by the Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets. The summits are designed to complement the Global Licensing Group’s trade shows and information products, which include Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Shanghai, and License Global magazine.
About Global Licensing Group
The Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets is the licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide licensing opportunities around the world by bringing brands and products together. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at Informa Markets: Licensing Expo, Brand & Licensing Innovation Summits, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Shanghai, and License Global. Global Licensing Group events are sponsored by Licensing International.
For media information: