Bunny Business: CopCorp Announces Renewals with Several Key It's Happy Bunny™ Licensees
NEW YORK (November 22, 2011) – CopCorp Licensing President Carole Postal today announced that renewal agreements had been reached with several key licensees for Jim Benton’s It’s Happy Bunny™, the cute little bunny with the BIG attitude.
The following manufacturers – having already enjoyed success with the popular It’s Happy Bunny humorous character brand – have now signed deals allowing them to continue producing It’s Happy Bunny licensed products:
• Jerry Leigh (www.jerryleigh.com) has been a key It’s Happy Bunny licensee since 2004 and will continues to produce a wide range of It’s Happy Bunny Tees, Fleece, Lounge Pants, Sportswear, as well as other woven tops and bottoms.
• HYP (www.hyphats.com) is another long-time It’s Happy Bunny licensee. HYP has renewed its license to manufacturer It’s Happy Bunny Hosiery and Headwear.
• Boston America (www.bostonamerica.com), a manufacturer and distributor of creative impulse items, will continue to produce a variety of It’s Happy Bunny licensed products including Round and Square Tiny Tins filled with Candy or Gum, and Band-Aids. Boston America has been on the It’s Happy Bunny licensing roster since 2002 so this latest renewal will take them into their second decade as a loyal licensee!
• Quebec-based Calego (www.calego.com) – a leading manufacturer of children’s bags and backpacks for the Canadian market – has renewed its grant to produce It’s Happy Bunny Bags, Backpacks, Lunch Bags, Wallets, Umbrellas, Rainwear, Organizers, Notebooks, Pencils, Pens, Crayons, Markers, Pencil Cases, Rulers, and Calculators.
• Australia’s Casco Blu Pty Ltd. has been granted the right to continue producing It’s Happy Bunny Outerwear and Sleepwear.
“Renewals are just as important to us as new deals in terms of actively managing and growing our It’s Happy Bunny licensing program so we are excited to have all of these great licensees continue as part of our program moving forward,” Postal says. “We’ve done a ton of It’s Happy Bunny business with these companies over the years but – if and when we agree to renew a licensee’s grant – it’s always because we’re looking at the future rather than the past and I’m sure they all feel the same way!”
About Jim Benton
Jim Benton (www.jimbenton.com), whom People Magazine has called “the most visible cartoonist in America,” is the creator of a wide array of successful licensed properties including It’s Happy Bunny, JK Monsters, Kissy Doodles, Meany Doodles, and The Misters. Benton is also author/artist of several popular illustrated book series including the popular It’s Happy Bunny series for Scholastic.
About CopCorp Licensing
CopCorp Licensing is global licensing agent for Jim Benton’s It’s Happy Bunny, JK Monsters, Kissy Doodles, Meany Doodles, and The Misters. CopCorp Licensing is known as an innovative and strategic licensing agency that specializes in the development of brand, character, art, publishing, and entertainment based licensing opportunities for presentation and packaging to the manufacturer and retailer communities. Led by Carole Postal, Founder and President, this award-winning agency develops, sells, negotiates, markets, and implements complete licensing strategies and programs for major entertainment corporations, artists, art studios, apparel brand names, among others clients.
# # #
For more information about licensing opportunities, please contact:
Carole Postal, President