Licensing World Sits Up and Takes Notice of BOO – The World’s Cutest Dog™
NEW YORK (September 6, 2012) – Knockout Licensing Co-Presidents Tamra Knepfer and Carole Postal today announced six new licensees for BOO – The World’s Cutest Dog™, the adorable Facebook sensation with over 5.1 million fans (and growing).
• Calendar Holdings (www.calendarholdings.com) has been granted rights to utilize images of BOO on 1000-piece Jigsaw Puzzles and Playing Cards.
• FouFou Dog (www.foufoudog.com) has been granted rights to manufacture and market BOO Luggage Tags, Keychains, and My Pet Blankie™ roll-up plush pet blankets and other small accessories.
• Innovative Designs (www.innovativenyc.com) has been granted rights to make and sell BOO School Supplies and Stationery.
• License 2 Play (www.license-2-play.com) has been granted rights to utilize the BOO brand and imagery for Disposable Cameras with initial introduction planned at Urban Outfitters for this Holiday.
• Mighty Fine (www.mightyfineinc.com) has been granted rights to produce BOO branded Girls (sizes for ages 2-16) Fashion Tops, T-shirts, and Fleece/French Terry Apparel with focus on Nordstrom and specialty retail accounts.
• UK-based Paladone Products Ltd. (www.paladone.com) has been granted rights to produce and sell a wide range of BOO novelty items including Mugs, Magnets, Pin Badges, Shopping Totes, Pencil Cases, Pencil Toppers, Coin Purses, Umbrellas, Passport Covers and more.
These six new licensees join Gund, Evy of California, Ripple Junction, Audiology, and publisher Chronicle Books as part of the top-notch lineup of companies offering products featuring BOO – The World’s Cutest Dog.
“BOO’s popularity and the demand for BOO licensed merchandise has been nothing short of spectacular – and we are just getting started,” said Knepfer. “BOO appeals to a broad age range from toddlers through adults with a very strong teen program thanks to the incredible support of BOO by Urban Outfitters in particular. This type of range in demographic and distribution makes BOO a very popular license.”
“The retail breadth of the brand is extraordinary with placement ranging from Kmart and Wal-Mart to Macy*s and Nordstrom as well as numerous specialty accounts,” added Postal.
# # #
About Knockout Licensing
Knockout Licensing (www.knockoutlicensing.com) is a full-service licensing agency for big-name brands. Knockout was formed as a joint venture in 2012 with Carole Postal, President of CopCorp Licensing, and Tamra Knepfer, President of TK Brand Group, combining forces as Co-Presidents. Together Postal and Knepfer bring decades of combined experience to their agency.